If you can't find an answer here, please contact us!
Absolutely. You can totally call in for a same-day appointment and we'll be happy to book you in if there's an open spot!
Effective Nov 1, 2021 all bookings require a valid credit card on file to secure your appointment time. If we don't receive a credit card on file at least 24hrs before your appointment then your appointment will be cancelled. Your credit card won’t be charged unless you no-show for an appointment (see below). For your convenience, appointment confirmation and appointment reminders are sent via text and/or email. This means that when you book an appointment, you will receive a confirmation text/email and a reminder text/email 2 days prior to your appointment. Please note that appointment confirmation and/or reminders are dependent on technology and sometimes, technology fails. We gently remind you that it is your responsibility to keep track of your appointments with us and any no-shows due to not receiving appointment reminders are still subject to our No-Show Policy. Don't forget that you can always cancel your appointment with no penalty up to 1 minute before your appointment start time, so long as the value of your services is $120 or less (before promos or discounts are applied).
Our cancellation policy is easy breezy because life happens, and we get it. If the value of your services is $120 or less (before promos or discounts are applied), then you can cancel up to a minute before your appointment time. The easiest way to cancel your appointment is to log into your Mindbody account and cancel your appointment from there. You can also email us to cancel your appointment. If you're booked in at Buff Skyview then please send an email to skyview@buffwaxspot. For Buff Ellerslie, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the value of your services is more than $120 (before promos or discounts are applied), then you’ll need to provide 72hrs cancellation notice via email at the location you've booked in. You must send an email to cancel your appointment if your wax services are greater than $120 before tax (before promos or discounts are applied). If you're booked in at Buff Skyview then please send an email to skyview@buffwaxspot. For Buff Ellerslie, please send an email to email@example.com. Cancellations made for wax services valued at $120 or more (before promos or discounts are applied) with less than 72 hours notice will be charged 100% of the value of the missed appointments via your credit card on file. Buff Vajacial services require 24 hours cancellation notice via email and will also require a deposit.
…any cancellations after your appointment start time are considered no-shows. No-shows will be charged 100% of the missed value of their appointments via your credit card on file. A no-show occurs when you haven’t cancelled your appointment and you don’t show up for your appointment (pretty self-explanatory, right?). Two no-shows will result in being barred from booking appointments at Buff Wax Spot. No-show, no-love.
1. Room cleaning protocols
- Our Wax Techs wear masks + gloves when performing wax services. We never ever double-dip!
- We use hospital-grade disinfectants to wipe down beds, pillows, door handles, light switches, chairs, countertops, product bottles and wax warmers after each and every client.
- We clean our implements of debris then soak in a chemosterilant solution to sterilize our tools.
- We throw away all disposables after each and every client.
- We wash our towels in hot water and bleach.
- We mop our floors with antibacterial floor cleaner.
- All rooms have antibacterial soap and/or hand sanitizer which we use liberally throughout the day and especially before and after clients.
- Clients receive their wax services in a private room with their Wax Tech.
2. Store cleaning protocols
- Throughout the day we use antibacterial solution to wipe down high-touch areas like door handles, reception area seating, cash terminals, the reception desk, keyboard and mouse. We regularly mop the floors with an antibacterial solution.
- We have a hand sanitizing station in the reception area.
- We regularly inspect and clean our bathrooms daily with antibacterial cleaner throughout the day with a special focus on the toilet, sink, faucet, garbage, and door handles.
3. Going Contactless
- We have tap payment enabled for contact-less payment and also accept Apple Pay and Google Pay. We remain cashless as usual.
Effective March 1, 2022 masks are still required to be worn to receive your service at any Buff Wax Spot location.If you're not feeling well, please stay at home. You know what to do. Do the right thing.
1. No Hair Left Behind
We stand behind seriously meticulous waxing. If you notice stray hairs post-wax for which a reason hasn’t been provided by your Wax Tech, then please send us an email within 3 days of your appointment and we’ll wax those stubborn hairs at no charge.
2. Cancellation Policy
Our cancellation policy is easy breezy because life happens, and we get it. If the value of your services is $120 or less, then you can cancel up to a minute before your appointment time. The easiest way to cancel your appointment is to log into your Mindbody account and cancel your appointment from there. You can also email us to cancel your appointment. If you're booked in at Buff Skyview then please send an email to skyview@buffwaxspot. For Buff Ellerslie, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the value of your services is more than $120, then you’ll need to provide 72hrs cancellation notice via email at the location you've booked in. You must send an email to cancel your appointment if your wax services are greater than $120 before tax. If you're booked in at Buff Skyview then please send an email to skyview@buffwaxspot. For Buff Ellerslie, please send an email to email@example.com. Cancellations made with less than 72 hours notice will be charged 100% of the value of the missed appointments via your credit card on file. Buff Vajacial services require 24 hours cancellation notice via email and will also require a deposit.
3. No-Show Policy
No-shows will be charged 100% of the missed value of their appointments via your credit card on file. A no-show occurs when you haven’t cancelled your appointment and you don’t show up for your appointment (pretty self-explanatory, right?). Two no-shows will result in being barred from booking appointments at Buff Wax Spot. No-show, no-love.
4. We love kids… but not in here
Our Wax Techs need to be able to focus on you and on performing a fab wax as well as remaining on schedule for waiting clients. Therefore, children aren't allowed in the treatment rooms with clients nor can they be left unattended in the reception area. Pets aren't allowed in the shop either unless they're seeing guide animals.
You must be 13 years and older to be waxed at Buff. For intimate wax services, you must be at least 16 years old and have permission from a parent or guardian prior to your appointment. A note will do, otherwise we will call your parent or guardian.
6. Running Late?
If you arrive halfway through your appointment time or later, we may not be able to accommodate your original appointment although we're happy to suggest modified wax services we can perform in your remaining appointment time.
7. All our Wax Techs are amazing
Lastly, you may be moved to a different Wax Tech without prior notification from Buff Wax Spot in order to best service all of our clients. But not to worry, we're all Waxperts here :)
You may be wondering why we don’t guarantee that you’ll be seen by the Wax Tech you’ve requested. Sometimes you may even see that your requested Wax Tech seems “available” in the shop! That can be confusing and we get it. We want to be completely transparent with you about why we can’t guarantee your booking with a specific Wax Tech so please read below.
1. Equal Access to Work
We want to ensure that all our Wax Techs members have equitable access to work and the ability to make a good living for themselves and their families. Distributing appointments across all our Wax Techs is one way we do this.
2. Fully Certified
All our Wax Techs are licensed Estheticians from reputable schools who receive rigorous, in-house training at Buff to ensure they deliver high-quality services and product recommendations. You’ll receive a fantastic wax service with whomever you’re booked.
3. Life Happens
Sometimes our Wax Techs fall ill or have personal emergencies. Or, they’re taking much-needed time off to relax and recharge. Being able to move your appointment to the next available Wax Tech allows us to honour your appointment.
4. You Need a Wax Appointment STAT
Our schedules are ever-changing to accommodate your waxing needs. Last-minute weekend getaway? Hot date with a cutie? Your work schedule just changed? We can totally accommodate that!
Please know that we value you tremendously. Your experience with us should always be 5-stars! If it isn’t, then please send us an email and we’ll do our best to make it right for you.
Maybe not a question you were thinking of per se, but you should know that we are cashless. We don't accept cash payments, nor keep cash on premises. We accept payments only via debit and credit. You are more than welcome to tip your Waxpert in cash if you like though!
We LOVE this question!
- If you’ve shaved, let your hair grow out to at least 1/2" or book your appointment ahead of time, about 2-3 weeks post-shave. This ensures we can get all that unwanted hair out!
- If you’re booked for an intimate wax and haven’t groomed in awhile, trim with scissors. Hairs longer than 1/2" makes your wax unnecessarily more uncomfortable than it has to be. PLEASE NOTE: We do NOT trim hair that is overly long for sanitary reasons
TIP: the hairs should be long enough to pull between your fingertips but not so long that they start curling or form a dense mat. Hair that's about 1/3 the length of your index finger is what you're aiming for down there.
- Let your Wax Tech know if you have a medical condition, are taking any medication, are using any anti-aging or anti-acne products, or have a new tattoo or piercing
- If possible, take a warm shower before your appointment to open up your pores; the night before exfoliate the area to be waxed to remove any build-up of dead skin cells
Here are the timelines we recommend at Buff Wax Spot for our most popular waxing services:
Brows/Upper lip: grow them out as long for as you can stand it!
Underarms: a minimum of 2 weeks post shave
Intimate areas: a minimum of 3 weeks post-shave
Legs: a minimum of 6 weeks post shave
Arms: a minimum of 3 weeks post-shave
Chest/Stomach: a minimum of 4 weeks post-shave
We know, we know, it’s itchy and you just want it GONE already but not following the timelines above means the hairs will be much too short for the wax to grab. Trust us on this one.
“Hurt” is a rather subjective term in our opinion. Will it sting? A little. But we PROMISE that the pain is temporary. So temporary that when you leave, you won’t even remember any ouchies. You’ll have an amazing boost of confidence from your fabulous wax though!
We also use premium hard and soft wax and after-care products to ensure all unwanted hair is removed, but not at the expense of your skin or your sanity. Our hard wax is incredibly gentle and soothing for your tender bits.
This one bears repeating. Our Wax Techs need to be able to focus on you and on performing a fab wax as well as remaining on schedule for waiting clients. Therefore, children of any age aren't allowed in the treatment rooms with clients, nor can they be left unattended in the reception area. Pets are not allowed in the salon, unless they're seeing guide animals.
If we had a quarter for every time Aunt Flo showed up...well, we'd have a lot of quarters. Not to worry at all, so long as you're wearing a fresh tampon or menstruation cup, we can still perform all intimate waxes.
We at Buff Wax Spot have very strict rules about whom we will, and will not, wax. We don't say no very often but when we do it's because we take your health, and ours, very seriously, and hope you appreciate our dedication to your skin integrity.
We won't perform your wax if:
- You are currently on a daily dose of Accutane or have been off Accutane for less than a year
- You are currently taking blood thinning medications, have hemophilia, uncontrolled diabetes, or an infection
- You have a cold/open sore that we can’t wax around.
So glad you asked! The answer is YES!
1. Exfoliate. Beginning the day after your wax, use a product like the SRSLY Buffed Dry Brush to manually exfoliate the skin before stepping into the shower. Do this daily to prevent and treat ingrowns. We also recommend an intensive ingrown prevention serum to thoroughly scrub out clogged follicles and prevent ingrowns like Pfb Vanish. You can purchase our fantastic post-wax care products in-shop or online.
2. Moisturize. Keeping your skin supple with all-natural products like the Carrot & Calendula Intimate Salve, Shea & Cocoa Daily Botanical Body Lotion and the Jojoba & Apricot Emollient Body Oil prolongs the smoothness of your skin and softens incoming hair.
3. Wax regularly. Keep to a 4-5 week schedule and don’t shave in between waxes. Your reward will be hair that comes back finer and sparser down the road. Yay!
Nope. Shaving undoes all the wax training you’ve invested in to help your hair grow back finer and sparser (if at all). It may seem like a good idea at the time but you’ll regret it soon afterward. If you like, trim in the interim between waxes or book an appointment.
Absolutely! We have a tailored brazilian wax service for women in their third trimester that utilizes special support cushions and wax. If you're in your first or second trimester then you can book any of our classic bikini or brazilian wax services.
If you're going to get a tattoo, you can come in a few days before your tattoo appointment.
If you just got a tattoo, wait at least 4-6 weeks before booking a wax service to allow your skin to heal and the ink to set. Don't forget to ask your tattoo artist for their recommendation as well.
Congrats on taking this super-important and monumental step! We welcome everyone and everybody and have loads of experience waxing bodies of all types. We're here to help so send an email or give us a call and we'll book a quick consult with you. Please know that we'll find a wax service just right for you 🏳️⚧️
Always! Please let us know in advance of your appointment of any allergies you have (and we mean any). Your safety comes first and we want to ensure all the products we use during your wax service are appropriate for you!
Only the very best thing to ever be created for your lady bits! A vajacial is a specialized, professional facial for your vagina that is targeted, refreshing and generates remarkable results! Treat yourself to a deep cleanse, exfoliating scrub, extractions, warm towels and soothing mask. Our expert treatment instantly leaves your delicate (but oh-so-ingrown-prone!) skin feeling velvety smooth, fresh, luminous, and free of ingrown hairs. We recommend a vajacial in between your waxes (1-2 weeks before or after a wax).
We don’t recommend the Buff Vajacial if you’re pregnant, breast-feeding, or have very sensitive skin. Please note a deposit is required for this appointment and 24 hours cancellation notice.
Brow lamination is the hottest new brow trend guaranteed to leave you with thicker and fuller brows! It's a non-permanent and gentle technique that straightens brow hairs and adds volume and definition. We are sooo excited to launch this service because hey, we live to elevate your beauty game. Brow lamination smooths coarse, flyaway brow hairs for sleek or fluffy brows- your choice!
Who's brow lam for?
- if you've been thinking about microblading but aren't ready to commit
- had microblading done and want that freshly 'bladed look again
- have thick, unruly brows that don't easily stay in place
- have thinner brows or gaps in your brow
- wanna try something new!
Who isn't brow lam for?
- if you have psoriasis or eczema
- you've recently had eye surgery
- if you have alopecia
- if you're pregnant or breastfeeding
- you have ultra-sensitive skin
- you have scar tissue in the brow area
- you've had permanent make-up less than 8 weeks ago
- you're sunburned on your face
What can I expect?
The brow lamination process is quick, easy and super-relaxing. We'll cleanse the brow area and then apply the brow hair straightening solution. Then, we set or 'laminate' the brows in a place with a second solution. We'll shape your brows to your satisfaction and then smooth on a rich, hydrating balm onto the brows to soothe and condition. Trust us, you'll love it!
- stop using brow serums 7 days prior to your service and resume 7 days after your service
- don't get your brows wet for 48hrs after your service
- moisturize your brows daily with your brow conditioner
- no makeup on your brows for 24hrs after your service
- no retinols, AHAs/BHAs or manual exfoliation around your brows for 3 days after your service
- style brows as you desire with your handy spoolie