- If you’ve shaved, let your hair grow out to at least 1/4″ or book your appointment out about 2-3 weeks post-shave. This ensures we can get all that unwanted hair out!
- If you’re booked for an intimate wax and haven’t groomed in awhile, trim with scissors. Hairs longer than 1/2″ make your wax unnecessarily more uncomfortable than it has to be.PLEASE NOTE: We do NOT trim hair that is overly long for sanitary reasons.
- TIP: the hairs should be long enough to grasp between your fingertips but not so long that they start curling or form a dense mat.
- Let your waxologist know if you have a medical condition, are taking any medication, are using any anti-aging or anti-acne products, or have a new tattoo or piercing.
- If possible, take a warm shower before your appointment to open up your pores; the night before exfoliate the area to be waxed to remove any build-up of dead skin cells.
So glad you asked! The answer is YES!
- Exfoliate. Beginning the day after your wax, use a dry brush to exfoliate the skin after stepping out of the shower. Do this daily to prevent and treat ingrowns. Stubborn ingrowns can also be spot-treated with an intensive ingrown prevention serum. We sell fantastic post-wax care products and are happy to demonstrate how they work. Just ask!
- Moisturize. Keeping your skin supple with all-natural butters, oils, and lotions prolongs the smoothness of your hair-free skin.
- Wax regularly. Keep to a 4-5 week schedule and don’t shave in between waxes. Your reward will be hair that comes back finer and sparser down the road. Yay!
Nope. Shaving undoes all the wax training we’ve done with the hair in ensuring it comes back finer and sparser. It may seem like a good idea at the time but you’ll regret it soon afterward. If you like, trim in the interim between waxes or book an appointment.
We at Buff Wax Spot have very strict rules about whom we will, and will not, wax. We take your health, and ours, very seriously, and hope you appreciate our dedication to your skin integrity.
We will not wax you if:
- You are currently on Accutane or have been off Accutane for less than a year.
- You are currently taking blood thinning medications, have hemophilia, uncontrolled diabetes, or an infection.
- You have a cold/open sore that we can’t wax around.
You’ll fill out a more in-depth client consultation form at your appointment so that we’re all on the same page. As professional waxologists, we’ll do our best to work with you to figure out how we can get you smooth, hair-free skin without cutting corners. Deal?
“Hurt” is a rather subjective term in our opinion. Will it sting? A little. But we PROMISE that the pain is temporary. So temporary that when you leave, you won’t even remember any ouchies. You’ll have an amazing confidence boost from your fabulous wax though!
We also use the absolute best hard and soft wax and after-care products to ensure all unwanted hair is removed, but not at the expense of your skin or your sanity. Our hard wax is incredibly gentle and soothing for your tender bits, with argan oil, arnica, and aloe vera. Read our reviews (Facebook, Google, and Yelp)- the proof is in the pudding.
Goodness, how do we count the ways?
- We specialize in expert, efficient, and meticulous waxing.
- We use luxe, hand-picked (and self-tested!) waxes that promise you satiny smooth skin.
- We are fully certified waxologists.
- We have super-convenient appointment times to fit your #boss schedule.
- We don’t ever double-dip and we always wear gloves. We take pride in our standards of cleanliness!
- We are convo connoisseurs and guarantee rollicking good (and distracting) pillow talk.
1. No Hair Left Behind
We stand behind seriously meticulous waxing. If you notice stray hairs post-wax for which a reason hasn’t been provided by your Wax Tech, stop by anytime and we’ll wax those stubborn hairs at no charge.
2. Cancellation Policy
We don’t have one! Life is crazy busy hectic, and we get it. All we ask for is as much cancellation notice as you can give us. Simple as that.
3. No-Show Policy
However… no-shows will be charged 50% of the missed value of their appointments, payable at your next appointment with us. Two no-shows will result in being barred from booking appointments at Buff Wax Spot. No-show, no-love.
4. We love kids… but not in here
Your appointment is limited to the amount of time it takes to perform the service(s). Our Wax Techs need to be able to focus on you and on performing top-notch wax services, as well as remaining on schedule for waiting clients. Therefore, children are not allowed in the treatment rooms with clients. Pets are not allowed in the salon, unless they are seeing guide animals.
If you’re under 18 years old and are booked for an intimate wax service, you must have permission from a parent or guardian, prior to your appointment. A note will do, otherwise we will call your parent or guardian. You will not be permitted to book another appointment until we get appropriate clearance.